Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let It Be

Hello blogosphere! Instead of introducing myself and explaining my reasons for starting this blog, let’s just all accept the fact I have arrived and you are dying to know every thrilling morsel of my little life. Besides, the two people actually reading this know me and Dakota just likes to look at the pictures.
This week as been rather eventful and left me longing for day of nothing but relaxing and frolicking at the park. Last night was the highlight of the week thus far. After Daniel and I picked up our new TV stand (which I found after scouring Craigslist through 19 million posts), I surprised him with tickets to see RAIN at the Fox. Before the show, we grabbed a bite at Enoteca Carbonari were we noshed on yummy cheeses and partook of some delicious Italian vino. We then sauntered over to the Fox, promptly purchased our scotches and headed for our seats. I knew Daniel would love the show since he is such a Beatles enthusiast, but I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I did. Really, if you have the chance to see RAIN you must. The show starts with their early years on the Ed Sullivan Show and takes you along to their Abbey Road years. The reviews say RAIN captures it all flawlessly, but I wouldn’t know the difference. I can tell you that the music was awesome, the guys sounded fantastic and it was overall a surprisingly fun and entertaining show. I had some pretty good company too. Although we had to be one of only 10 couples under the age of 50, it was fun to sing along with the rest of the audience. I have a feeling I will be one of those oldies at the *Nsync tribute tour in say 30 or so years. Don’t judge me.
This week had been emotionally exhausting, but has reminded me once again of the wonderful friends I have. I read that Paul McCartney was inspired to write, “Let it be,” after having a dream of his mother who told him "It will be all right, just let it be.” So as I finish up this week and head into the weekend, I am going to do just that…let it be.
xoxo


Our faboosh new TV stand...yay!




View from outside the Fox!

No comments:

Post a Comment