Monday, October 12, 2009

Revelry

rev⋅el⋅ry –noun, plural -ries.
reveling; boisterous festivity: Their revelry could be heard across the river.


My weekend did indeed begin with a boisterous festivity. My girls and I headed out to the Kings of Leon show right after work on Friday and got to experience an afreakinmazeballs show. Kel and I were lucky enough to hop right up front and thought we were set to go until gigantor the happy giant took root directly in front of us. Luckily, everyone at the show was uber nice and kept letting us stand in front of them. “Oh, you can’t see? Please, get in front of me.” “Oh, you want me to take a picture for you? I am taller and can get a better shot.” Seriously, when is the last time you went to a show where you get moved up to the front inch by inch and it isn’t because you are squeezing between people whilst receiving the stink eye? Plus, several on hand photographers and the offer of a sip or 9 of beer. A smattering of the night…

Saturday I indulged in an afternoon of football and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies all while get some essential snuggle time in with the muffin. Then, it was off to babysit and make my grocery money for the week. Getting paid to hang with two ridiculously well mannered children and watch Troop Beverly Hills? Yes, please. Then out to the bar with my love where we stayed until last call so he could hear his juke box selections which were mighty fine. I would claim to be a rock star, but alas, I have been beaten out for that title this weekend. My dear friend, who shall be dubbed Cougey McCougarston, had the most rock star weekend by far. Highlights include: running into the youngin who bootied called her 7 days ago at the bar WITH his gf, being abandoned at said bar with only $5 to get home, saved by cute boys and invited to a dance party, dance party featured hanson, vanilla ice, miley cyrus, sunglasses, rock band guitars & a fog machine, yes.... they have a fog machine in their apartment, waking up to find a newbie who was MIA the night before, realize said MIAer and her have mutual friends and chat it up, home Sunday afternoon to find a fb.com friend request, poke and RELATIONSHIP request from said MIAer. The. End. Rock star. I suggested she accept the relationship…it is clearly meant to be.

Sunday was lovely and despite the 19 hour wait to be seated and 23 hour wait to actually be served, brunch at the Highland Bakery was, in our servers words, preeeeeeeeety delicious. Then, it was onto packing with the boy. 15 boxes of books later I might be rethinking him being well read as one of the reasons I love him.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I seriously just burst out laughing reading about those Rock Star antics of your friend... hiiiiilarious.

    ReplyDelete